Monday, September 21, 2015

MondaZe : Goddesses Come in All Shapes & Sizes

These pictures were shot around this same exact time last year, I did not post them because I hated how unfit my body looked; today I go back to them and LOVE them. The beauty in growth!  In honor of NYFW I decided I needed a post on Fashion not having to do anything with size. Like a lot of us natural bodied women, I would much appreciate "fashion" to be a bit more inviting to the REAL Women of today, which means Diversity! Not a size, not a color, NOT A RACE! 





 I felt Gorgeous that day! This Cotton/Denim 2 piece set from NakedWardrobe is one of the comfiest sets I own! I can mix and match top and bottom with just about anything! I love this piece even more because it is One Size fits all; also looks Great on any type of body!

DIOSA 




 My Goddess Chain: As I call it; is one of my most treasured pieces. I feel like it is Always appropriate and gives me some type of super energy or super power, idk maybe i'm just being silly! But that past Summer & Spring of 2014, there was a week where I actually wore it to work every single day and it just went with every single outfit I wore! It might also be my power charm because I purchased it the day I met one of the most Amazing Power Woman in the world that has inspired me in so many ways as well as many others MissRizos!

  I truly felt like an urban Goddess that day; a voluptuous real natural walking Goddess! My Gladiator sandals were the perfect piece. Not only are they comfortable with a small blocked heel, but they are gorgeous! I found them on Sale in Marshall's and I just couldn't leave them behind. Pictures don't do justice. They give off a Greek- god like touch to any outfit with the gold wrap around ankle strap; a great piece by Rachel Zoe! My clutch & bracelet from H&M which you will see a lot of because they are so easy to wear, I pair them up with everything.



 Now I admit yes I probably thought I felt like a Goddess that day, but not enough to make it a priority to post! To post a shoot that is entirely dedicated to such a strong feeling of mine; the appreciation of natural beauty and the honor to be a woman and the Goddess that that is! A blessing that by nature gives us these Super Human Godly Powers. We are magic in nature's purest form. But of course I did not prioritize this direct tie to my future and dreams, because I just never have, because I did not value time and it isn't until you value time that you value yourself. Yes I was getting there, discovering my Goddess traits, but not once was I as close as I thought; until now, 1 year later.
     1 yr later, September 2014-Sept.2015 everything is different, every single thing has changed. It's been exactly a year since I last took pictures directly for my blog; it's been exactly a year since my life got shaken up; now I am finally taking steps out of the maze. I am now looking through the pictures saved from the last 2 1/2 years or so, on old phones and cameras and am disappointed in the time I've wasted on fulfilling my dreams. Last year; I went back to college in September to finish off what's left of my international marketing degree. By October, I got a great new job. By November I was an emotional wreck and felt and kinda was homeless. By December my family experiences our first family death; mi Guelo passes away. By January I was a zombie, looking for escape. By February, life just did not want to give me a break; I planned an escape to Costa Rica and instead ended up in freezing cold Detroit for 2 days, then in Amsterdam for the remainder of the trip. You'd think that i'd be excited to be in Europe; but my soul wasn't there. I needed an escape to paradise; paradise to me means Republica Dominicana, but also any beautiful tropical place will do. By March, I was a ghost; desperate to be rescued. April, I yearned for me, I needed to get back to me. By May, I knew I had to start embracing myself, without fear. June was my bittersweet precious month, it is always such an extreme time for me, the stars align everything to shake me up on my birth month and this year was not an exception. July and August were very brave experiments of the fear of feeling what I truly feel; and not being afraid to feel it. And now we are here mid-September; A time of transition into reality as tricky as our perception of reality can be. 
    What is my reality? What do I want from it? What are my intentions behind the things I do? I am only seeking Happiness? Right? This year feels like this forest maze; with challenges along the way in different seasons with extreme weather, with a few dead ends and a few bright ones, some filled with hearts, some filled with money signs, and some just empty.  As I look around, everyone I know is going through transition; in a maze of their own! So this is my maze, and I am embracing it! 

GODDESSES COME IN ALL SHAPES & SIZES!

1 comment :

  1. You look amazing doll and I am honestly adoring this look. I seriously wish I could pull an outfit like this, but I don't think I could.

    Berty Morales
    Mad For Fashion For Less!
    https://madforfashionforless.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete