Friday, April 3, 2015

flashback friday: Field of Dreams

Now that there are Glimpses of Spring, I've been getting back to me. So much Inspiration along with this spring rain. I really feel like just shedding, shedding, shedding. Rebuilding everything. Knocking everything down and reconstructing. It's been the longest winter ever I swear. It's the first winter I have not taken a break from the bitter cold and trying to find ways to embrace it.

As I yearn for warmth's arrival, I multi task and edit some old pics on my phone, I look forward to days like these to come FLASHBACK FRIDAY; Enjoying a beautiful day in June; in one of the most special places in my world Inwood Hill Park <3 

Baseball TeeDenim Midi Skirt,Vintage Belt, T Strap Flats, Hoops
Links to the pieces I have on this shoot are similar pieces from ASOS, Midi Skirt & Baseball Tee both from H&M 

This is my childhood on a piece of land. Sunday's all the family would gather up to watch my Paino -godfather play softball with his team of friends from back in DR. I would treasure every second I could spend time with my cousins, being brought up in a traditional Dominican family, this is life. To value family, and so I did. I'd bike around and run around this park with all my cousins, adventuring, discovering, growing, living. This was the closest and largest open space of nature to me. As I grew up it became an escape from the everyday of the madness growing up becomes at point. I never knew exactly why I loved running away here, unafraid to just feel here. Today, I get it. It's that attachment we long for to childhood. That urge to hold on to forever, to the feeling of light and purity that is childhood. Every thing so clean and spotless, nothing tainting your vision yet, the weight life adds on isn't there yet, no dirt in your eyes. And every time I come here this is what lies at the root of my feel, this adoration for my childhood and who I was. This little girl ahead of her world, always ahead, over analyzing, noticing, learning at a faster speed, impatient to grow. Have you ever felt that way? Well I hope so, because that can only mean that you want more that is noticeably within reach and just like when you were a child you will do anything possible to get within reach of that prize, that purpose, that dream.

"Little Girls With Dreams Become Women With Vision."

& We Can't Forget The iPhone Selfies <3

No comments:

Post a Comment