Friday, October 30, 2015

flashbackfriday: Frida A To'a


"Passion is the bridge that takes you from pain to change"_Frida Kahlo


Back in June, I  attended the Frida Kahlo - Art, Garden, Life Exhibit at the Botanical Garden and wanted to recreate Her Look and Feel my way.

Since Halloween is right around the corner, here goes the look!

Excuse the poor quality of the pics, this was not an actual shoot, just loved how the look for that opening event came out FRIDA KAHLO through me. All unedited raw iphone Selfies.
Enjoy the Quotes!

 "Be fearless."

"Voy a darte besos en la cara hasta que tu sonrisa reviente"



 "You did not understand what I am. I am love. I am pleasure. I am essence. I am an idiot. I am an alcoholic. I am tenacious. I am a painter. I simply I am... And you are a shit."

"Te escribo para decirte que te libero de mi, vamos, te "amputo" de mi, se feliz y no me busque jamas" 

 "Quiero vivir y seer fuerte para amarte con toda la ternura que tu mereces, para entregarte todo lo bueno que haya en mi, y que sientas que no estas solo"



 "Donde no puedas Amar no te demores"

" Te quiero...gracias porque vives, porque ayer me dejaste tocar tu luz mas intima y porque me dijiste con tu voz y tus ojos lo que yo esperaba toda mi vida"

"Si actuas como si supieras lo que estas haciendo, puedes hacer lo que quieras"

 "Ni tu eres para tanto, Ni yo para tan poco"

 "I want to be inside your darkest everything"

"Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he's never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don't wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problem are papier mache puppets you made or brought because the vendor at the market was so compelling, you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle that you consume in this place a Relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don't lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four posted. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street."

 "Te Amo. Mas que a mi propia piel."

 "Only one mountain can know the core of another mountain."

"I wish I could do whatever I liked behind the curtain of ‘madness’. Then: I’d arrange flowers, all day long, I’d paint; pain, love and tenderness, I would laugh as much as I feel like at the stupidity of others, and they would all say: Poor thing, she’s crazy! (Above all I would laugh at my own stupidity.) I would build my world which while I lived, would be in agreement with all the worlds. The day, or the hour, or the minute that I lived would be mine and everyone else’s – my madness would not be an escape from ‘reality’."

 "Mereces un Amor que te Quiera Despeinada, con todo y las razones que te levantan de prisa, con todo y los demonios que no te dejan dormir. Mereces un amor que te haga sentir segura, que pueda comerse el mundo si camina de tu mano, que sienta que sus brazos van perfectos con su piel. Mereces un Amor que quiera Bailar contigo, que visite el Paraiso cada vez que mira tus ojos, y que no se aburre nunca de leer tus expresiones. Mereces un Amor que te escuche cuando cantas, que te apoye en tus ridículos, que respete que eres libre, que te acompañe en tu vuelo, que no le asuste caer. Mereces un Amor que se lleve las mentiras, que te traiga la ilusión, el cafe y la poesía."


" El Arte mas Poderoso de la vida, es hacer del Dolor un Talisman que cura"


I can't wait to see all the creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment