Monday, February 2, 2015

How do You stay Inspired under the Weather?

"Earth without Art is just Eh..."


The weather in New York has been typical winter weather in the East Coast. Brutal! Ok, Maybe i'm being Melodramatic but I am one that will never get used to it, ever! How can one get used to this?

The Energy is just off in all aspects, Everything Frozen, kind off lifeless. People are sick left and right and Nature is at a halt, nothing growing! Everything is just Gray, and don't get me wrong I love the color gray but I love it accessorized, with a POP of color here and there, the details making statements, making you feel something, like butterflies in an anxious tummy.

But coming into this year luckily I have been very busy and distracted. It may seem like I am lost or MIA through Social Media, but I am not. I am actually at a point where I appreciate Social Media soo much, not for the hrs of time wasted it provides, but for the endless sources of Inspiration it provides.

And I can admit I have been taking full advantage of it, trying to be delusional and disregard how cold or slushy it is outside.

PINTEREST has been a lifesaver! I am definitely Obsessed! But through it, I have tied up all my Passions in one place! Sometimes I swear my heart has mini heartgasms heart attack+orgasm <<33
Can you believe I have yet to create a Board! Just Heart this and Heart that times 8,000 but I will create them sooner than later!
My latest Obsession ART NOUVEAU 
Could such Beauty be possible?

art nouveau
This is a Vintage Pendant by Rene Lalique, a french glass sculptor that takes my breath away! His pieces are unreal, and to think that this was all created about 100 years ago, without technology, by hand! The details are astonishing, 
Rene Lalique - lover's kiss

I can feel the passion in all his work. It must take a lot of love and drive to have created something that intricate, and I can only imagine the time and dedication and patience. But this is the purpose, this is what all Artist want, Right? To make you feel something , anything with their work. Thank you, this is beyond Appreciated.
Lalique.

Since I discovered Etsy in 2010, I have truly fell in love with Vintage fashion. I grew up a bit old school in some ways because of my mother, and I have to admit I am drawn to timeless classic pieces. Before Etsy, I thought I was just a boring soul, attracted to "weird" things. Little did I know that my attraction for classic and timelessness would open up doors to pieces of me I didn't know existed. Within the past 5 years, I have discovered that everything that this heart beats for ties up together. I even decided to open up a shop on Etsy, which turned out great until Etsy changed all it's policies :( Nonetheless, NATURE, CULTURE, ART, STYLE, SELF EXPRESSION, LOVE, these are all incorporated in these pieces. 

Lalique

And this is how I will try to carry my life as well on a regular basis. January was all about Activation; doing, and doing. I had many blog post ideas as always but this weather is impossible to do anything in, so I will hold them off instead of trying to force myself to create where I can't. So until the weather is better I will continue doing, and keeping myself motivated with the sources at hand. I love combining Vintage with all the Modern styles, it is the Epitome of Chic with a touch of Boho... Let's Not Get Started! 

It is the first Monday of February and I feel like slowly but surely I am returning to myself.
Feb is all about LOVE my favorite word, so I am trying to stay above the weather by continuing to stay safe and warm within the arms of my love. I hope everyone does too!!! Remember to show Appreciation to your Loved Ones, not just on Valentine's Day, every single day.

"What is Done in Love is done Well"_ Vincent Van Gogh

Speaking of Social Media, I love Instagram for Inspiration more than anything, to stay in touch with what's happening now, and what people are up to, it is what I mostly update, feel free to Follow #BREATHESTYLESMILE <3









No comments:

Post a Comment