Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome 2015

"Be thankful for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow."





NYC is a ghost town today! The rarity is indeed refreshing. Just like Christmas day, the city is calm and collective compared to the bustling metropolis and its natural ways.

Today, Thursday Jan 1st, 2015; is hauntingly beautiful to me.

Ironically I am a zombie today, as I had to be at work today after last night’s New Year's Eve festivities which I rushed to after work,  LOL I swear I'm restless...But that's what my life has been recently. And that's what 2014 was for me as well, Restless, in every direction of my life. From personal to professional, 2014 was a year of hardship, and heartache, but also a year I must Appreciate, a year that taught me to be Grateful for Everything the universe decides to throw my way, whether I can control it or not.

This year I am inspired to reach Serenity with Grace every step of the way. Realistically I am the type of person that feels the need to control everything and 2014 the Universe decided to teach me that I have no control. It forced me to accept that life is actually happening and that time does not stop for anyone. 2014 knocked me down and beat sense into me. From going back to school after time off and at the same time getting a promotion for a new position in a great company, having to retain so much information at once, I do not know how my brain isn't fried; because my body sure is. To the most recent event which was the loss of my grandfather, the first death my family has yet to experience, to everything else we must endure and then some. Basically 2014 ripped me apart, shredded my withered layers to give light to new and pure skin. 2014 will forever be a pure sign of significant growth in my heart, where I was forced to really dig inside of the pit of myself, and figure out a way to heal and mend my soul.


And that's what I vow 2015 to be, a year of restoration and rejuvenation, a year to get back to my healthier adaptations but better. This year is a continuation of myself love and growth. A year I hope to truly fall in Love with Myself and to do, not wait as I always do, just DO, DO, and DO for the better of my being and I hope the same for the rest of us.

Universe,
I thank you for teaching me the Value of Myself, for teaching me Gratitude towards all the beauty we are blessed with, to teaching me that patience is a virtue; therefore I must work on it every day forever and that time is of the essence, Life is actually happening NOW, why wait to Live? Nothing is forever, except LOVE...
The Soul of the Soul of the Universe is Love _ Rumi

WHAT I WORE:
Within my Culture, when someone passes, especially someone very important in your family, they are used to paying respect by "Guardando Luto" which me wearing White on New Years of course probably caused a stir in a few of my family members closed up brains. I'm OK with that; both my mother and her father; which was my grandfather that passed know me and understand me. They understand that I do not mean any disrespect. They understand that I am an artist and I must express how I feel in the best way I know how; through my style.
I'm at Peace with my grandfather’s death, yes sadness fills my heart because I know I will never see him again but I have no dark feelings towards it.
During "Luto" we are only supposed to wear Black or dark colors... But that just isn't me. Through the funeral and burial and all the holy celebrations we had to go through, and for an entire 2 weeks I have worn black, it also helps that it is Winter and I have a uniform for this cold weather I refuse to get used to!
But to bring in the New Year I did not want to wear anything dark. I wanted to be as light and welcoming as possible. I wanted to show purity, just like I wanted for my grandfather’s funeral.
2015 is about Embodiment of Self for me, so I welcomed the year with a cute White dress from a local boutique I picked up last minute with Shimmery gold filled sleeves, so versatile I can wear all year around! White is always one of my favorite colors to wear, a classic. I accessorized with Rose Gold everything, which has been my recent obsession! My favorite Metallic: Rose Gold! So I entered the year all ME with a touch of Magic Sparkle, my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment