Thursday, June 26, 2014

MONARCH DREAMS

 "We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." _ Maya Angelou









     Some People Refuse to Settle For Anything Less than Butterflies 
_Carrie Bradshaw_






Monarch Dreams

These Nomadic veins strengthen by day
and by night my wings are spread.

Roaming; warriors on a vast field;
"all's fair in love and war"
Anomalous; this kingdom that lives in my brain.
Prodigious; is the throne which holds my name.

I dream the "impossible", as the whispers chant.
I squirm at the vision of black and gray normality.
I am not normal, Nor do I wish to be.
I am Erratic. Up and Down. Here and there.
Always as I please.
And I refuse to Apologize for my Eccentricity.
I refuse to settle. 
Oh I have Dreams, 
I HAVE MONARCH DREAMS.
wild and free.
Natural and Glistening.
I have Monarch Dreams
ROAM WITH ME.



No comments:

Post a Comment